やっぱり - yappari

Today I decided to have "breakfast" -I lately have the first meal of the day at 12 or 13- watching the news.



Again, some news about some whoever wanting to -and in fact reaching to- kill some people, now in a Pachinko, now in Osaka. Again, the stupid psychological profile regarding this guy. Again, the same words, "I didn't care about whom I would kill, I just wanted to kill someone". Again, the mourners, giving their last messages to the death, putting flowers at the scene of the crime. Again, nonsense interviews with people that presumably know the guy. Some girl talking about her impressions. She seems to know the guy from sharing the elevator of their building. And this is what shocks me most. She says, "yeah, my friends also thought, yappari, when we knew who the murderer was".

You are supposed to use yappari when something happens according to some expectation you had or assumption you made.

Comments

Popular Posts